Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Dieting.....

I think i have been dieting all of my adult non-pregnant life. In all that time i have been successful twice in obtaining my goal. Its such a fantastic feeling to look in the mirror and like what you see. At the moment i don't.
I have 10kgs to lose all up but at the moment i am working on losing 5. I would love to be 5kgs lighter before i get pregnant again.
I have a subscription to a Slimming and Health magazine. Full of tips and recipes and exercises to lose your butt. I found a nice section on celebrity diets that apparently work. It was in the 'beach body' section and apparently i can lose 6kgs in 6 weeks.
There are 3 diets to choose from. The first one can make me look like J.Lo, the second like Angelina Jolie and the third like Liz Hurley. I chose the second plan 'The Grazing Diet' since it looked like the best one for me, though i'm hoping since Angelina does this diet that my fat will not be displaced to my lips. They are fine as they are thank you very much!

I can't stand diets that have weird food that i have to go out and buy ....like chickpeas and hommus and stone ground wheat. The theory behind The Grazing Diet is that i eat 6 small meals a day to keep my blood sugar level and so my body doesn't go into starvation mode. And the food plan is actually very sensible and i don't have to buy weird food. It also doesn't make me feel like my throat has been cut.
I'm on day 4 and although i cheated a bit yesterday i am doing good.
When i started i weighed in a 71kgs and this morning i was teetering between 69.5 and 70kgs but finally rested at 70....darn digital scales! lol
I am feeling optisitic that this is actually working though. Today when i went to have my 10am snack i wasn't even feeling hungry yet.....
I'll be looking terrific in no time!

4 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Seriously, hummus and chickpeas?? I will take the Dr. Pepper and Taco Bell diet please...oh wait that is what got me where I am now...

ShelahBooksIt said...

woo hoo for losing weight!

I, personally, subscribe to the chocolate chip and ice cream diet.

Onica said...

GO ANDREA! You can do it!

Love,
Onica

Rachelle said...

You can do it! I need to do it to. Good luck!!