Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Today i asked my husband what i should blog about, since i was running out of ideas. His suggestion was that i write about how wonderful he is. So, i thought, sure. Sounds good. So this post is about how wonderful my husband is.




I was going to post a pic but as i went to browse i realised that my wonderful husband, when transferring all my info from the pc to the laptop didn't transfer any pics. Or maybe i'm just too dumb to find them. Whatever the reason, you will have to imagine that this sample pic from Windows is of my husband- just use your imagination.
I'll start with our 'love story' and go from there ;)

I met my hubbie in October 2002. That is when we met 'officially' in real life for our first and second date. We had 'met' months earlier in an LDS Chat room. Though he will deny it and i still don't think his parents know where we met.

I was taken in by his funny nickname, sense of humour and his serious addiction to flirting with me. He was the biggest flirt i had ever come across. By September 02 i knew that i had to meet this guy that was taking up so much of my time and thoughts, so flew to meet him. Here in Australia we don't have the luxury of having LDS guys to pick and choose from, otherwise there would probably be no way i was flying 15ookms just to meet some guy who could be a total psycho. I wasn't really desperate.....at least i keep telling myself that....but hey, by LDS standards i was seriously close to being on the shelf. ;)

We met up at an ice cream parlour called Cold Rock. Best ice cream in the entire universe btw. I thought he looked better in real life then the completely dodgey photo he had emailed me, which was a huge relief. After giving me a quick check over to make sure i wasn't fat, he says it was love at first sight. awwwwwwwwww. We then went roller skating. Yep, rollerskating, which i hadn't done for donkeys years. He fell over. I didn't. ;) That night he didn't drop me back to where i was staying until 3am. We talked and walked and went to see the Temple which was under construction. It was a great night.

A couple of days later we went on another date. This time we went for the day to Springbrook National Park in the Gold Coast Hinterland. I had never been there before so it was kinda exciting. So we hiked down to this waterfall. So nice! This is where is gets mushy. So please turn away if you need to puke, we don't need any more accidents on computers do we?

I had told him before we met that if he ever wanted to kiss me he would have to ask me first. The reason being, i didn't want to suddenly get a big ol' pash from someone who i had discovered to be repulsive. So while we were down at the waterfall he asked me if he could kiss me! Now why this is such a big deal is that he was my first boyfriend and i had never been kissed before so i was totally panicking!!! Yes, i was 23(turning 24 that month) and still no love for me(unless you count my Latino stalker...but i wont go into that now). So after what seemed like an eternity...i'm sure it was pretty close to that. I answered and said 'yes' he could kiss me. Which he did. He then told me that he loved me. WOAH!!!! Hang on, second date and your telling me you love me! This doesn't happen in real life, especially not to me! But it was true and still is :)

After i flew back home a couple of days later. We talked and decided we were 'going out' LOL such a stupid expression and soooo highschoolish. But nevertheless, we were an item and just mentioning that i had a boyfriend to anyone was extremely strange and freaky.

We continued our long distance relationship for a whole painful month before he drove down to see me in November 02. He tells me that he thought about proposing to me then but thought it was too quick so he waited a whole month more to do it ;) We got engaged on Christmas Day 2002. 4 months later...4 months of not seeing each other, we got married in the Sydney Australia Temple - 26th April 2003. I would love to include a wedding pic but all i have is this, just use your imagination:

And here we are coming up to our 3rd year anniversary. Time has gone fast but kinda slow at the same time. I probably should get around to telling you how great my husband is. He told me to say he was a good provider and good in bed....well i'm sure i can come up with something better then that to say!

I can honestly say that he makes me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world. I have always had horrible self esteem and still think i look like a man, but when he looks at me and tells me i'm beautiful - i feel beautiful. And he doesn't even think my ears stick out! How good is that? (i have serious issues with my ears)

He makes me feel like a good mum, although i never feel like one. You see a pattern here? He just makes me feel like i am all those things that i don't think i am.

I still love his sense of humour and i love that he is so passionate about his hobbies, although yes, sometimes i feel like throwing anything to do with a train and camera or a computer out of the window.

He is a good provider and he got a promotion at work, which begins in April. I'm so proud of him for that!

He does the 'night shift' with Ethan and doesn't complain. Much ;)

He sometimes does things i ask him to do...like housework, which i know he hates. But hey, who doesn't?

He loves our babies, even the one who isn't born yet. You should have seen his face when i came out of the toilet with the positive preg test! Priceless! At that stage i think he was more excited then i was...of course i was in shock...so that explains my reaction.

And the most wonderful-est thing of all is that HE LOVE ME! No guy has ever loved me before and it still blows my mind.

And the other thing he mentioned that he was good at....i won't even go there!

9 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Awww... I like your husband too!!! Nice guy!

Stacy said...

How sweet is this post? Makes you grateful to have such a great dh, huh? And I'm glad you didn't go "there"... lol!

Pamela said...

cute!!!

Rachelle said...

What a great story! And I love the pics too!

Alicia said...

Very cute! My favorite part was the pics. ;).

Next Blog=Latino Stalker.

Unknown said...

Your hubbie sounds like a keeper! He reminds me a lot of my own :-)

Andrea said...

maine mom - thanks for visiting my blog!

emlouisa said...

Aww. What a great post. Thanks for sharing!

Kermit~the~Frog said...

What a nice love essay. Thanks for sharing.