Monday, June 06, 2011

Shoe Fixup {SpongeBob Style}

Lachlan LOVES his SpongeBob shoes. Unfortunately they were falling apart. He's been wearing them broken because he just won't wear any other pair of shoes! So today i decided they were broken enough for me to fix them. lol

see?! all the velcro was coming off and the part up the front was broken so the strap had nothing to slip through.

First i cut off the straps and the middle strap holder(i have no idea what the real name for that part is) and cut new pieces out of black FOE. I also cut 2 new pieces of velcro(the fuzzy side).
Then i hand sewed the velcro on to the ends of the new straps and rounded the ends off so it wasn't spikey. I could have machine sewed it but i was too lazy to get lift my machine from the floor to the table. lol I used thick thread too and a nice strong needle.
Then i sewed the little middle strap holders on and i sewed it over existing stitching so you can't even tell. :) Then i threaded the straps on like they are supposed to be and sewed the ends onto the shoes. Finally i hot glued pieces of black felt over the parts i sewed so that it was hidden and it won't rub on his cute little feet.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

When a kid puts there mind to something it hard to make them change it. That great that you were about to fix his shoes so he can continue to use them.

*I ran across your blog by random as part of my #12 for my 101 in 1001. You can check me out from my blog, if interested.*

http://myscrappycorner.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Came across you're blog and its really good! I love being arty, and you've inspired me to rediscover my sewing abilities. amazing stuff :)