Fruit Cake Truffles
Merry Christmas everyone! to get in the Christmas spirit this year i decided to make Fruit Cake Truffles instead of Oreo Truffles. Same principle, slightly different ingredients.
You will need -
-1 packet of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (i use light to try and counter-act the effect of the chocolate ;) )
-3/4 of a fruit cake. - i just buy a Homebrand dark fruit cake. You could use light if you wanted too.
- 2 blocks of chocolate for dipping. I like Dairy Fine from Aldi.
- Crumble the fruit cake into a bowl. Then add your cream cheese. Beat until it resembles cookie dough.
- Roll into balls and place on a tray. I use a small melon baller to help me get even size balls.
- Refrigerate until they are firm.
- Dip in melted chocolate and place on a tray that has been covered in baking paper.
- Make it fancy by sprinkling on crushed candy cane, choc sprinkles or drizzle with white chocolate. You can even roll them in coconut. Whatever takes your fancy. I also like adding essences to my dipping chocolate - so in mine i did some orange, some peppermint and some plain. Have fun and be creative!